Rare Imola 1999 BMW M Coupe S52! 103k Miles!
Unique love-it-or-hate it styling on this low-mileage "driveable classic".
Overall in quite good condition as you can see by the photos.
Recent $4,000+ in maintenance and service with receipts.
Why so cheap? Ok here is the bad news.........
Salvage title due to rear accident years back AND the rear sub mount has torn away. I have the Randy Forbes reinforcement kit ready for install [cost $600] BUT putting it out there for sale AS IS if someone has the self-resources to DIY with the comprehensive on line videos available
Priced "AS IS" at $9,500. AND for full asking price I will include a beautiful set of black-centered 19" staggered Asanti wheels.
ALSO....I will entertain partial trades plus cash...ideally an early BMW 2002 w/sunroof, 535is, 635CSi, bavaria or other cool classics $5k value or less.
Offered for an appreciating new owner is this RARE 1999 BMW M COUPE!
Finished in Imola red over black leather interior, this S52-powered M coupe is one of only 422 total red cars that came to North America between 1998 and 2000. Featuring the same engine as the E36 M3, but in a 200 pound lighter chassis, this car has go cart-like handling and turns heads wherever it goes. The S52 inline 6 cylinder engine has 240 hp stock, but has been supplemented with Dinan carbon fiber intake, K&N filter, and Dinan software upgrade for approximately 30 additional horsepower!. It sports the 5 speed manual transmission and limited slip rear differential allowing for blistering acceleration [0-60 in 5.3 seconds] with a throaty growl from the stock dual exhaust. The M Coupe sits aggressively on a set of staggered factory 17″ BMW alloy wheels wrapped in Continental Extreme Contact tires. This '99 M coupe sports heated electric leather sport seats, electric windows and tilt-up moon roof, cold air conditioning, traction control, Pioneer stereo with integrated iPod control included [iPod connection hidden in glove box]. Within the last 20,000 miles, the following documented maintenance has been performed: new disc brake rotors and pads, Bilstein rear shocks, tie rod assemblies and front-end alignment, new struts and mounts, thermostat and thermostat housing, radiator hoses, two window motors, air intake boot, Bosch spark plugs, fuel filter, NAPA Legend international battery and routine changes of Redline synthetic transmission and differential oil. With its unique and often polarizing styling [have you seen the new Ferrari FF coupe?], and off the charts fun-to-drive quotient, this modern day collectible is an outstanding value here on ebay!
PLEASE CALL FOR QUESTIONS, TEST DRIVES AND/OR MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this M coupe is in good to very good slightly imperfect condition overall with a deep luster to the paint finish. Imperfections include miscellaneous rock nicks, light scratches, curb rash on the alloy wheels, peeling paint finish on the right front wheel along with a couple of brush touched up areas.
The interior of this BMW is in very good to excellent condition overall with cold a/c and all other systems and controls in excellent working order. Imperfections inside this car include some very light expected wear on the leather seat bolsters along with the a/c button label worn off.
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This little M coupe is a hoot to drive with responsive and throaty acceleration with the Dinan intake, engaging chassis with excellent grip, firm and controlled suspension free of any pulls, clunks, rattles or major shakes/shimmies and superb braking with excellent pedal modulation!
THE DETAILS AND $$$$$
1. This BMW will be sold with Arizona certificate of title and just passed stringent California emissions testing with flying colors. The autocheck history shows that it received a salvage title several years ago. The car will be sold "AS IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressed or implied. I welcome prospective new owners to come see, drive, feel and inspect this car in person as I may have missed one or two details in the description here. NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So.......... PLEASE bid thoughtfully!
2. Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements [buyer pays costs]. I recommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder please call or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in 2 days of auction close. [Buy-it-now requires immediate $500 payment]
6. Balance of purchase due via CASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within 5 days of auction close thank you.