Sold 7/2/10 - Craigslist and Roadfly ads are gone No idea of sales price.
If you are looking for a mint, no accident, low mileage s52 M Coupe, this would be the one IMO (only if you like silver, which some people don't) I have no affiliation with the seller, i was actually very interested in purchasing the car until recently when i decided it's a little too much money for me right now, and i needed to start putting some money away instead. I must have about 20 emails back and forth with the seller from May 27th till today. All the following information is that which i have obtained from the seller, and i'm trying to not repeat any of the stuff he listed in the ad, so this is in addition to the details he put there
So lets start with the Bad: (which there is not much of)
- Issue with the alarm at 5929 miles, which was fixed
- Button on hatch doesn't work, need to use the key then turn to open the hatch (i have seen this problem on the forum before, probably a fix here somewhere)
- Glovebox sag (follow the fixes on this forum)
- Front wheels have about 1 or 2 inches total of curb marks (seller says if he was going to keep the car, he'd get the wheels refinished... that's how particular he is)
- there have been minor door dings, but they have been touched up and he says you can only tell by the paint if you look real closely at it, and they were all removed so the body is perfectly straight
The Good: (there is probably things i am going to leave out, because there are many good things)
- 3 owners, all adult owned, from his knowledge the first owner was a car collector and the second was a woman who had to sell the car because she was getting divorced
- The warranty is still good and transferable
- comes with a space saver spare tire and BMW jack in case you want an actual backup tire
- replaced badges because the old ones faded over time
- he did have the 30k service done at a BMW dealership
- never driven in rain or snow by the current owner (was in Seattle before he bought it)]
- not a daily driver for the current owner, he owns a land rover to take when the roads aren't so nice
- rear wheels refinished last year
- major service done at BMW
- The service and mileage stuff he told me was backed up by the CarFax report i did on the car anyways
Like i said this sounds like an amazing car, with a very helpful and polite seller, i hope someone picks up this beauty and treats it as good as it's apparently been treated up until now.
This seems to be in great condition with a caring owner who seems to have an understanding of the car. It's kind of vague about whether or not the warranty is still current, but it would be a nice plus if it was. It has low miles, has new tires and is pretty much stock. I think the main issue may be that there are currently 3 silver coupes listed in the Denver area priced within $5 of eachother. Of the three, this would be my pick.