I am ready to part with what may be one of the most unique, recognizable and awesome cars I'll have ever owned. I'm positive I'll regret it, but it's time to remove myself mentally from it and focus on other things. As it sits, I'm confident it's the best "high-mileage" S54 coupe money can buy in the country, period. I've driven it across the country several times, started a wheel company with it, and had endless fun. In essence, it is the very definition of supercar. Rare, fast, unique and yet somehow amazingly practical while getting more attention daily with it than your average Gallardo driver and knocking out 25mpg on the highway.
I think literally almost every part that this car could have needed, and then much more has been replaced. After 3 S52 M Coupes, a Z3 Coupe and a Z4M Coupe I set out to make this the ultimate expression of what the e368 chassis could represent. Starting with one of the most polarizing BMW colors, I addressed every single flaw these cars left with from the factory and then more. From the rewrapped extended interior replacing the cheap 90s BMW plastics to the rod bearings and subframe reinforcement, nothing was spared. So here it goes:
- Owned by me from 92k-123k now, with several long distance cross country trips and year round driving
- Rod bearings & engine mounts completed by Rogue Engineering
- A month ago repainted back half of car including doors, quarter panels, bumper and hatch with rolled fenders while keeping factory shape. There was previous paintwork done there that was bugging me, and I wanted it perfect
- Mr. M rear subframe reinforcement
- Ground Control Coilovers (#450/600) with camber plates (~20k on these)
- New Clutch & full shifter rebuild
- Valve Adjustment, plugs, VGC and a bunch of other things in the last 5000 mi
- Spotless Blackstone oil results
- Not a single leak anywhere
- Evolve S54 throttle/software tune with RPM & top speed delimiter
- Full S54 cooling system overhaul (probably overkill, but I went the extra mile to make it bulletproof)
- Full suspension refresh including AKG bushings & control arms and all other rubber/link components
- 1000 miles on new Zimmerman/mintex brakes
- Powdercoated Chrome Shadow roadstars with Michelin Pilot Sports
- Available with 18x9 & 18x11 Livery Dromos with 245/35 & 295/30 Hankook Ventus and no rubbing
- Agency Power stepped header with CPI center section including cats/resonators
- Full OEM Z3 extended leather interior swap with rewrapped Bentley Newmarket tan leather
- Seats in excellent shape for the mileage, no frayed threads or flat bolsters
- Modified Z4M steering wheel
- Full trunk, doors and subwoofer covered in dynamat
- Polk component speakers all around
- CD43 Aux interface
- A bunch of other smaller things I’m most likely missing
- Seat riser mod
- Most of the work will come with a list of documents and receipts.
The body is an 8.5/10 with the only thing keeping it from a 9.5 being the front bumper, which I can offer to repaint depending on the final transaction. I'm not really interested in this thread becoming a discussion about price, as there is no other car that comes close to this whatsoever. I certainly won't mind hauling around in it for some more time.
As it sits, the price is $40,000. With chrome shadow roadstars it's $37,000. Contact me at a.p,r.s,e.s@gmail dot com (remove the dots and commas between the letters). Some of the photos below are of the car with different wheels, but it remains unchanged otherwise.