Up for sale is my 1999 BMWM Coupe. I purchased the vehicle in October of 2021 from the second owner of 15 years. I've recently purchased another M Coupe, and as a result need to move this one to a good home. The odometer currently reads 169873km (roughly 105554 miles), which will continue to rise as I drive the car occasionally. The car is Ferrari Yellow over Black leather, with a slicktop.
The car has a clean title, however the Carfax does show a few claims very early on in the life of the car. Prior to my purchase I had the car inspected at a local shop that specializes in front-end and frame work, and there were no issues found. The car drives exceptionally well and I’ve never had any issues related to the previous repairs.
In the early 2000’s the car was painted Ferrari Yellow. The color change was very extensive and includes the engine bay, door jambs, etc. The exterior of the car shows very well, and recently received a full detail and ceramic coating. Notable blemishes include minor dings and chips, as well as some holes in the rear bumper where an aftermarket body kit was removed.
The interior of the car is in great shape overall and doesn’t show any of the common cracking or peeling on the dash trim pieces or buttons. Notable blemishes include the typical wear on the outer bolsters of the driver’s seat, and some small marks on the dash where a GPS mount was removed.
Mechanically, this car has received an extensive refresh of the suspension, driveline, and cooling system components, among others. Easily thousands of dollars in parts alone. Much of this work has been completed within the last 2,000 kilometers. Notable work has been placed below:
- New BMW Roundels and M Stripes
- BMW Motorsport Handles, with OEM Trims
- Window Guides serviced
- Chrome Front and side grilles replaced
- Refinished wheels with new OEM Roundels, M Badges, valve stems, and ceramic coating
- JVC Head unit
- LeatherZ V2 Armrest
- Reinforced Glove Box
- Randy Forbes subframe reinforcement kit
- Condor speed shop subframe bushings
- Superpro adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
- Whiteline front control arm bushings (extra caster version)
- Bilstein b6 front struts and rear shocks
- Front and rear sway bar links and bushings
- Garagistic shifter bushing kit
- Garagistic double shear selector rod
- Shift rod joint and seal replaced
- Engine mounts replaced with oem corteco
- E21 transmission mounts
- Inner and outer tie rods, tie rod boots replaced with oem lemforder
- Clutch fan delete mod with temp sensor (oem sensor and fan included with the car)
- New upper and lower radiator hoses
- New water pump with cast metal impeller
- Thermostat and housing replaced with aluminum housing
- Metal water pump pulley added
- Akebono euro ceramic brake pads
- Hella-pagid rotors
- Stainless brake lines
- Calipers refreshed with new paint, rubber bushings, and hardware
- Parking brake hardware and shoes replaced
Other mechanical items replaced
- Oil separator valve and associated hoses
- Valve cover gasket
- Clutch master cylinder
- Clutch pedal bushings upgraded with brass units
Overall, the car is a fantastic drivers-example that is turn-key and needs nothing. Fresh Oil change and Alignment have just been completed. I hope to find a great home for it where it will be well taken care of and driven often! For interested buyers, I have more photos of the car, including the subframe reinforcement process, as well as an excel spreadsheet and binder detailing all of the work that has been done to the car.
Car is located in Victoria, BC. Price is $36,800 CAD (Roughly $27,600 USD at time of writing), OBO. Not currently interested in trades. I am happy to work with non-local buyers to ship the car. For any interested US Buyers, I am familiar with the Canada – US export process, and am happy to help in that regard as well.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out! Thanks for looking!