Now THIS is a truly special car. These Z3 M Coupe models are fantastic cars – and the later models, like this one, are especially desirable, thanks to the powerful S54 6-cylinder engine under the hood. This particular example is also finished in the rare and desirable Laguna Seca Blue, with a complementary Laguna Seca Blue and black two-tone interior – and it touts reasonably low mileage for one of these. It also features a few tasteful modifications, including a Tubi Style exhaust system, Bilstein shocks, and H&R springs. Plus, this M Coupe comes with a clean, accident-free Carfax report, for added peace of mind.
THIS… is a 2001 BMW Z3 M Coupe, finished in Laguna Seca Blue with a Laguna Seca Blue and black two-tone interior.
- This Z3 M Coupe features a 5-speed manual transmission, and its odometer currently displays approximately 54,200 miles.
- The attached Carfax vehicle history report shows no accidents or mileage discrepancies in this M Coupe’s past.
- According to mcoupebuyersguide.com, this M Coupe is 1 of 41 produced in Laguna Seca Blue for North America.
- Factory equipment includes 17-inch Style 40 wheels, a limited-slip differential, a power sunroof, Nappa leather upholstery, an "M" leather-wrapped steering wheel, air conditioning, and a Harman/Kardon sound system. Modifications reported by the selling dealer include a Tubi Style exhaust system, Bilstein shocks with H&R springs, a front sway bar, fog lights, and a Pioneer AVIC-N5 head unit.
- The E36/8, or "Clownshoe", M Coupe has become sought-after by enthusiasts for its unconventional aesthetic and engaging driving experience. Built as a hybrid of the E30 and E36 chassis, the M Coupe combines hatchback practicality, a capable engine, and a competent chassis in one, analog package.
- Power comes from an "S54" 3.2-liter inline-6, rated at 315 horsepower and 251 lb-ft of torque. Output is sent to the rear wheels via a 5-speed manual transmission.
A build sheet is provided in the photo gallery, and a partial list of notable equipment includes:
- 17-inch Style 40 wheels
- Limited-slip differential
- Power sunroof
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Power-adjustable and heated sports seats
- "M" leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Power windows, locks, and mirrors
- Center console-mounted VDO ambient temperature and oil temperature gauges
- Air conditioning
- Cruise control
- Harman/Kardon sound system
- Tubi Style exhaust system
- Bilstein shocks with H&R springs
- Front sway bar
- Fog lights
- "Rated M Rally" decal on the windshield
- Pioneer AVIC-N5 head unit
- Paint chips on the hood
- Creases on seats
- Scuffs near driver's door sill
- Plastic trim cover near passenger's footwell is missing
- Headliner sagging
Recent Service History
The selling dealer states that the engine oil and filter were changed and the tires and battery were replaced in preparation for the sale. Additional service history is detailed in the attached Carfax report.
Other Items Included in Sale
The selling dealer states he acquired this Z3 M in 2019.
- Due to the modifications performed to this M Coupe, it may not pass emissions testing in some states. As always, it's the buyer's responsibility to perform all due diligence regarding registering this M Coupe in their respective state prior to placing a bid.
- The selling dealer notes that the front bumper was previously repainted due to bug damage.