Up for sale is my 2000 M Coupe S52 with 152k miles.
I bought her more than 4 years ago and she’s been my daily driver on my 75 mile trip to work and back – always reliable without a single issue. While I truly enjoyed her, I now have another daily driver and would like to start looking for an S54 Coupe, so I decided, after months of thinking, to offer her for sale.
- Black on black
- Randy Forbes Subframe Kit w/ e36 M3 dual ear diff
- ASA AR1 wheels with new UHP tires (November 2019, less than 2000 miles on them))
- Cold air intake (awesome intake sound)
- Oil cooler
- Bilstein shocks with unknown brand aftermarket springs
- Rogue Engineering Rear Shock Mounts
The Coupe is in overall good condition. She is not a trailer queen and does also show her age and mileage a little bit – as you would expect from a daily driver. Other than about 50k extra miles, she’s basically in the condition as I purchased her in 2016, so here the link of the previous listing for your reference: https://www.mcoupebuyersguide.com/listing?ListingID=4174
What I’ve done during the last 4 years, other than maintenance:
- Fixed secondary air leak at BMW dealership to pass emissions ($1100)
- Replaced center console and switches (old one was cracked, will give as spare)
- Replaced driver window regulator
- New valve cover gasket
- Added rear wheel spacers (2x 10mm) including longer bolts
- New SPAL radiator fan
- Put OEM mufflers back on (I prefer the original BMW sound over Magnaflow’s)
The interior is in good condition other than saggy headliner and A-pillar liners. The exterior would require bumpers and the liftgate spoiler to be sprayed to address stone chips, the small parking lot bump on the rear bumper and faded paint on the spoiler, but is ok otherwise. Curb rash on a couple of the rims.
- Electric mirrors not working (haven’t root caused yet)
- One of the lambda sensors needs to be replaced (throws an occasional error code)
She’s an honest reliable daily driver that is a LOT of fun and not just for sitting in your garage but to enjoy driving. She pulls strong, sounds great, air is col, everything feels solid. Lots of thumbs up from other motorists! I’d like her to find a new enthusiast’s home and believe I consider mileage and the few issues appropriately in my asking price.
More pictures and details available, of course
The car can be seen/purchased just South of Nashville, TN at a public place keeping social distance or wherever else we consider safe and healthy for both of us.