I absolutely love the BMW Z3 M Coupe as it boasts excellent performance, bizarre styling (in a wonderful way!), and surprising practicality thanks to a useful hatchback grafted onto a Z3 M Roadster. This particular M Coupe touts the highly desirable (and rare) S54 6-cylinder engine shared with the E46 M3, along with a mandatory 5-speed manual transmission. It also features some neat modifications like Strömung rear mufflers, an ECU tune, and a Cusco roll bar to help make it even more thrilling to drive – and its rod bearings were recently replaced, which should provide major peace of mind. To top it off, this M Coupe comes with a clean, accident-free Carfax report showing warm-climate California ownership since new, for added buyer confidence.
THIS... is a 2002 BMW Z3 M Coupe, finished in Titanium Silver Metallic with a black and grey interior.
- The M Coupe is equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission.
- The attached Carfax history report indicates no accidents or mileage discrepancies in this M Coupe’s past. It also shows registrations in California since new.
- According to the build sheet provided in the gallery, factory equipment includes 17-inch Style 40 wheels, a limited-slip differential, a power sunroof, Nappa leather upholstery, heated and power-adjustable sport seats, and a Harman/Kardon sound system.
- The full list of modifications reported by the seller is detailed below. Highlights include Strömung rear mufflers, Bilstein struts with H&R springs, a Shark Injector ECU tune, a Cusco roll bar, and a Sparco steering wheel.
- Colloquially known as the Clownshoe, the Z3 Coupe joined the Z3 roadster in showrooms for 1999. Like its convertible counterpart, it used several E36-sourced parts, but it stood out with an unusual, shooting brake-like silhouette that blurred the line between a coupe and a hatchback. The M model benefitted from the same 3.2-liter straight-6 as the M3.
- Power comes from an S54 3.2-liter straight-6, rated at 315 horsepower and 251 lb-ft of torque in stock form. Due to the modifications performed to this M Coupe, it may produce more power, but a dyno sheet was not provided to confirm. Output is sent to the rear wheels via a 5-speed manual transmission.
A build sheet is provided in the photo gallery, and a partial list of notable equipment includes:
- 17-inch Style 40 wheels
- Limited-slip differential
- Power sunroof
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Heated and power-adjustable sport seats
- Air conditioning
- Cruise control
- Harman/Kardon sound system
Modifications reported by the seller include:
- Strömung rear mufflers
- H&R springs
- Bilstein struts
- Front strut tower brace
- Shark Injector ECU tune
- Cusco roll bar
- Sparco steering wheel (factory steering wheel included in the sale)
- Stainless steel shift knob
- Continental TR7412UB-OR head unit
- Clear front reflectors
- Stone guards
- Some paint chips and scratches around the exterior
- Scratches on the wheels
- Creases on the driver's seats
- Wear on interior touch points and trim panels
- Torn hood insulation pad
- Some corrosion on brake hardware
Recent Service History
Service documentation in the photo gallery indicates that the following maintenance was performed in September 2023 at 60,964 miles:
- Rod bearings and related hardware replaced, engine oil and filter changed, oil pump gasket, oil pump chain tensioner, timing cover gaskets, crankshaft seal, water pump, and thermostat replaced
Additional service history is detailed in the attached Carfax report.
Other Items Included in Sale
- 2 keys
- Factory steering wheel
- Shark Injector tuning module
The selling dealer acquired this M Coupe in January 2023 and has added approximately 700 miles since.
Due to the modifications performed to this M Coupe, it may not pass emissions testing in some states. As always, it's the buyer's responsibility to perform all due diligence regarding registering this M Coupe in their respective state prior to placing a bid.