Offered for an appreciating new owner is this very special 1999 Active Autowerke Supercharged 1999 BMW Z3 M Coupe!
Finished in silver metallic over grey and black leather, this special example has been driven an average of about 7,000 miles per year since new. It features the S52 3.2 liter inline six cylinder Motorsport engine in stock form producing 240 horsepower and now with a dynoed 359 horsepower to the wheels upgraded with an Active Autowerke Stage 3 supercharger [Rotrex C38 with both intercooler and oil coolers], M50 manifold, Snow Performance methanol injection system. Some of the factory features included heated electric leather seats, tilting glass moonroof, front and side airbags, cold air conditioning, electric windows and ABS anti-lock brakes. Other performance options [NOTE: most all of the upgrades were done in 2014 at about 110k miles] include SuperSprint long tuber headers, Behr S54 Z3M three-core radiator, Vorschlag race motor mounts, ecu tune, UUC short shift kit, E39 M5 clutch with diff by Waganstyle and 02 sensor delete. The suspension sports front strut brace, Lemforder front control arms, AKG race control arm bushings, Vorschlag camber plates, front strut brace, IE rear subframe bushings and weld-in rear camber adjusters and this is a biggie......the "Randy Forbes" rear subframe reinforcement kit [$3,800]. Other noteworthy elements include Becker "Trafficpro" stereo with aftermarket sub and amp in the trunk, ZHP shift knob, S54 staggered Roadstars with excellent rubber, VDO boost gauge in place of deleted clock, AC Schnitzer front splitter, polished and clear-coated headlights and more. This fast, beautiful and very well-sorted Z3 M Coupe is dialed in perfectly for spirited daily driving or weekend track days!
THE BODY AND TRIM
This exterior of this 1999 M Coupe is in EXCELLENT 99.9% rust-free condition overall with a nice shine to the overall paint finish. There is some curb rash on the wheels along with a few expected rock nicks, light scratches and other minor cosmetic blemishes on this VERY handsome example!
As I hope is articulated in the photos, the interior of this twenty-one year old non-smoker Bimmer is also in EXCELLENT condition overall with all gauges and controls in excellent working order. There is some light wear especially on the left side bolster of the driver seat. The methanol in the washer fluid resevoir leaks slowly due to a faulty seal. Overall this is one handsome, comfortable and very clean cockpit!
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
With more horsepower than the final S54 iteration, this modern classic "clown shoe" is AN ABSOLUTE THRILL TO DRIVE! Raw, responsive, visceral and still analog, this little coupe tenaciously claws for traction in the first three gears! The steering is ultra responsive, the suspension is uber tight and is a very rewarding car to pilot! Check out the test drive video here: https://youtu.be/14mf-mt8D8k
THE DETAILS AND $$$$
1. This 2000 BMW M COUPE is being sold with clear and clean California title and current 2020 registration. It is located here in Redwood City, California  and is currently smogged for purchase by a California buyer. It will be sold "AS IS" "WHERE IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressed or implied. I invite and very much welcome prospective buyer to come see, feel, drive and inspect in person.
NOTE: **There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully!**
2. Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements [buyer pays costs]. I recommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224 |
4. Winning bidder please call 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in 2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due via CASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within 5 days of auction close thank you.
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO PHONE ME, EVAN AT 650-350-8828 TO SCHEDULE IN-PERSON VIEWINGS AND/OR MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.